John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Reynolds. Nanny cleaned out the freezer but left the door

Customer Question

Customer: Reynolds. Nanny cleaned out the freezer but left the door open too long.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Do I need to turn the entire fridge / freezer off / both doors open - or just the freezer and freezer door? In order to let the cooling coil defrost.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You will need to shut the entire refrigerator off or unplug it. Then leave BOTH the refrigerator and freezer doors open for 24 hours to allow the coils and vents to thaw out.