Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Tyler. I have a Frigidaire Affinity dryer (FASE7074LN0) that

Customer Question

Hey Tyler. I have a Frigidaire Affinity dryer (FASE7074LN0) that gives me an E63 Heater / Door Open error when I try to run it.
I've replaced the heater, the thermostat, the thermal limiter, and the main control board, and still get the same error. Is there something I'm missing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

try a factory reset on the control board:

FACTORY RESET 1. Press and hold the “Temperature” and “Dry Level” buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds. For models with “Temperature”, “Dry Level” and “Dry Time” buttons, press and hold the “Dry Level” and “Dry Time” buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds.

If that does not work then that error is saying you have a grounded heater coil, which means, A. the heater coil has broke and welded itself the metal casing (which if you replaced with a new one is not the case)

B. you have a problem in your wiring harness, that has to be traced down, wire is broken or is showing wire(bare) and is hitting metal, etc; this is a tough issue to locate and repair- it's not as simple as replacing parts. you will have to use a meter and trace down the wire that is grounded, it will be in the wiring connected to the heater coil.

Here is the service manual with the wiring diagram, hopefully you can trace it down:

Service Manual

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.