Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My ge profile microvave model JEM31 (ZEM200, PEM31) smells

Customer Question

my ge profile microvave model JEM31 (ZEM200, PEM31) smells like it has burned wire. I found that white wire connector attached to power unit is burned, black and probably can
be the source of that smell. If that wiring is available, it's easy to change. What can be
done to replae burned connector if I can't buy wiring from GE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

You will likely just have to splice a new wire in and crimp on a new connector on to the wire. You can get most of the connectors at a radio shack or local hardware store unless it is something special.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks