Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch SHX7PT55UC/04 dishwasher that is almost

Customer Question

I have a Bosch SHX7PT55UC/04 dishwasher that is almost exactly one year old that has recently started stopping short of its 2.5 hour "automatic" wash cycle with approximately 1 hour remaining (according to timer). It shuts off with undrained water in the base. If I turn it on (after resetting the timer), it immediately drains, says the new cycle will take 2:30 and then does exactly the same thing. Can this be fixed without a repair visit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is just a faulty main control board. The main control board would need to be replaced if unplugging the dishwasher or flipping the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes won't reset the control board I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not billable information (informing me that I need a repairman, which I was trying to avoid). Thank you for the reply, but I would like a refund.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I can't control what needs to be done to fix the issue. Your exact question was "can this be fixed without a repair visit". I answered that question.