Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer will not start. i had some clothes in it and saw

Customer Question

my dryer will not start. i had some clothes in it and saw some were caught in the door. i opened the door after that the dryer would not start again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

If you get no response whatsoever, you need to make sure the belt didn't break to start with due to clothes jamming the drum from moving. Other than that, if the belt checks good, there is a fuse on the back of the dryer you'll want to order and replace. Below is a video to replace the belt so you can check and see if it's broken, as well as a video on how to access the fuse so you can replace the fuse if needed.

CLICK HERE for belt video

CLICK HERE for fuse video

The belt part number is ***** and the fuse part number is(###) ###-####depending on which one you need to order.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.