Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

My refrigerator has stopped working. serial

Customer Question

My refrigerator has stopped working. serial no.042612R10005989
light still turns on control panel works freezer is fine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Can you give me the model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fdbb5361R
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im still waiting to here from someone
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. It sounds like you have a fan issue or a defrost issue. Open the freezer drawer and see if the fan is running. If the fan is running look to see if there is frost on the rear wall of the freezer it will look like snow. If there is frost on the rear freezer panel you have a defrost issue. To test the defrost do the following: Press Activate controls then press and hold the higher pad then press and hold display off until you hear three beeps. DEf should show on the display. After about 10 minutes you should feel some heat at the bottom rear panel of the freezer. If you don't feel heat you most likely have a bad defrost thermostat. You can shut off the power to test the heater and defrost thermostat. You will need to remove the rear freezer panel and test the defrost thermostat and heater for continuity. The defrost thermostat should be closed at freezer temperature, The heater should also have a closed reading. On Vikings with a defrost issue is is almost always the defrost thermostat. These are the main issues that will cause a no cool fresh food section.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.