Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a refrigerator problem. My KitchenAid side by side

Customer Question

I have a refrigerator problem. My KitchenAid side by side refer (model KSCS25FVMS03) does not dispense filtered water. When the filter is removed, plenty of water comes out the dispenser and water goes to the ice maker. When I insert a new filter, no water
goes to the dispenser or ice maker. ??? What's wrong? Do I have a bad water inlet valve or something else?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If removing the filter allows water to flow, the water valve has nothing to do with your problem. The issue is your filter receptacle or the filter itself. You already replaced the filter you said which means that the diverter built into the filter receptacle isn't switching over properly and allow water to flow into AND out of the filter so the filter receptacle needs to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for filter receptacle

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.