Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 2. It seems to run ok but

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 2. It seems to run ok but does not drain out the water after washing. It had lost power due to a bad electrical line and then sat unused for about 7 months before the power was reconnected if that might have anything to do with it. I ran a cleaner thru it which worked fine but the water just sat in the bottom. I've scooped it all out but don't know what to do now.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

hello , it is gong to be one of two things ..remove the drain hose from the garburetor or the existing plumbing , push a screwdriver into both ends ,the hose and where it drains into ,to ensure neither is blocked ..if both those are clear ? then you have something in the drain pump ..that will require pulling out the unit ,accessing the drain pump and splitting the pump to remove the obstruction..check the plumbing and drain hose first ..much easier

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you access the pump... from underneath or from under the screen on the inside?
Is there any reason to take the screen from under the spray wand off? Could anyrhing be clogged in there?]Thank you,
Ted
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

if its not draining it has gotten into the impeller ,further down from the screen ...if you can pull it out ,tilt it back to access the drain pump ,it is a two part pump ,you have a tab to depress and the pump will split ..then a piece of glass or seed etc will fall out ..doesnt take much to seize the impeller ..toothpicks as well

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

do the easy test first ..hose or garburetor plumbing first

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check it out tomorrow after work.
Easy tests first.
Thanks for your help and suggestions. I'll let you know what I find.
Ted
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

ok sounds good ,Randy