Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Samsung refrigerator which has French doors is showing OF

Customer Question

my Samsung refrigerator which has French doors is showing OF and OF on the display and I can't get it to show anything else. I have pushed .. power freeze and a couple of other icons on the display and it remains to say OF and OF. Should I reboot the fridge or what, my food is beginning to melt.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

OF OF means that the unit is in demo mode. I'm not sure if you were holding the correct buttons, but all you should need to do is press and hold the power freeze and energy saver buttons for 5 seconds to remove demo mode. If that doesn't work or the unit goes back into demo mode, the control board behind the display panel will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Most of the time when this issue occurs, your display board is just shorted and you can't exit demo mode. I say that because it's just as difficult to put the unit into demo mode so it's not likely that someone just leaned on the control panel and accidentally put it into demo mode.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.