Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a dishwasher Model Gu1200xtks0 water leaking coming

Customer Question

have a dishwasher Model Gu1200xtks0 water leaking coming from unused pvc hole from sump pump. Looks like pump hole has a piece missing that should stop water coming out? What can I use to block that water leaking? Or do I have to buy new sump pump?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

When you say hole where are you talking about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water coming from open unblocked pvc on sump pump

Did this just start to happen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bought used leaked after I installed

Ok yes normally the drain hose connects to that port. You should have a drain tube with a orange 90 degree elbow to that port.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the drain hose is already connected to a port. Wonder if my drain hose is connected to wrong port? When I bought drain hose was already connected to a port. Is it the wrong port maybe i dont know. Unit is at my rental house I have to check it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the port is straight

Can you upload a picture of it.