Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dishwasher whirlpool quiet partner 111 is not working

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Do you have the complete model number off the unit. It is on the frame edge when you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GU2500XTPS3

Do all the buttons work and is the door latch working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok if all the buttons work you will need to verify the latch switch is working, either the latch switch is bad or the touchpad is bad. You need to take the unit apart and get at the latch switches and see if they are both working and closing having continuity across the terminals when closed. Often a switch goes bad on the latch causing that issue. Check this switch out yours only has one

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is latch switch located? What needs to be taken apart? That is vague. If the touchpad is bad would it still be lighting up as normal? It does everything but turn on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is door latch located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To late, I fixed it my self with a reset sequence I found on line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not need to be taken apart. I will not use this service again

You had stated you did the reset at the control in your original question. Take care

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me be clear the reset sequence was heated dry, normal, heated dry ....cancel. I stated I was at the breaker
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The reset sequence is actually heated dry, normal, heated dry, normal, then all of the lights will come on. After allowing about 30 seconds, press cancel. I suspect the door was not shut tightly and caused your initial issue. In any event, glad it is now working!