Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

After shuting off water supply because shute broke and water

Customer Question

after shuting off water supply because shute broke and water didn't stop after replacing shute no water coming out have water going into refridgerator but nothing further could it be a pump light comes on ice maker working but no water to make ice i think
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Ok if you disconnect the QUICK CONNECTOR by the freezer door hinge....press the dispenser and see if water shoots out of the tube that is disconnected. If it does the line is frozen in the door and you will have to either turn the temps up in the freezer to +6 degrees and 40 in the refrig and wait about 24 hours and it should defrost itself.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that no water but water is going in from the valve to refrigerator

OK is the valve energizing when the dispenser is pressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont think so

Well you need to check the valve for power when the dispenser is pressed, you should see 120 volts across the two terminals for the valve solenoid. If so replace the water valve. If not check the dispenser switch. It is typically one of those two. Also make sure the dispenser controls are not on CHILD LOCK.