Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Water leaking from bottom freezer of my GE profile

Customer Question

water leaking from bottom freezer of my GE profile refrigerator. Model number is
PFCF-1RKZA. It's happening at night only!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Is the entire bottom of the freezer have a sheet of ice on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Is the water just running out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually can't see where it's coming from that is why I'm emptying the freezer today to see if I can spot it. All I know is in the evening there is a puddle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing is defrosting in the freezer so I've eliminated that type of leak.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Have you removed the grill on the bottom below the freezer door to see if it is coming out from under there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I haven't. Any clue why it's happening at night only?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

It may be going into defrost and the drain pan is cracked under the unit, and leaking then

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Have looked yet under the unit?

Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.

Just checking in to see if the leak was coming from underneath the unit, from a cracked drain pan?

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...