Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE refrigerator model TFX28PBDA AA. The dE light is

Customer Question

Customer: I have a GE refrigerator model TFX28PBDA AA. The dE light is flashing. The freezer in the back was frozen solid. I unplugged it and used a blow dryer to melt the ice. I turned it on and it has run fine for 48 hours. Now it is flashing again and I am concerned it is also freezing again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What could the issue be. Is it just a thermostat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I do not want to sign up for monthly advise. I only wish to have you help with this one repair. I did not see that option on your choices.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That is a DEFROST ERROR, meaning the Defrost thermostat or heater is reading OPEN at the board. So one of them is burned out causing that issue. The unit will not defrost every 8-10 hours like it is suppose to and it will frost over again. You need to find out which is burned out by taking it apart and using and ohm meter to see which one is burned out.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks