Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

When I set my dryer to start and press on button the

Customer Question

When I set my dryer to start and press on button the "sensitivity" bulb lights but the dryer does not start. What to do.
thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the serial number-it is a Maytag Epic

Ok well either the belt is broken or you likely have a bad thermal fuse on the unit. You need to remove the lower front panel and check the thermal fuse for continuity on the blower housing, you are looking for this part CLICK HERE. If you do not have a meter unplug the unit and interlock the wires together to that sensor and tape them up and then try it, if it starts then replace it. If not let me know

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The section marked "Click Here" in caps is not activated in your reponse. Appreciate a pic of what this would look like.John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you take the bottom front of dryer off?

If you have a separated larger bottom panel there should be 3 screws along the bottom edge to remove then slip the panel down and pull it off.