Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Kitchenaid KEBS179BSS oven with error code F1E1

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid KEBS179BSS oven with error code F1E1 "error relay board" - do I need repair or is there some type of 'reset' button?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

hi ,the only reset you can try is to shut the breaer off for 2-3 min and see if it resets due to a glitch or power outage , if you still have the error code coming on then the relay board would need to be replaced

Oven Control Board W10317343

RepairClinic Item #2683456

$60

CASH
BACK

Learn More

$315.55

Electronic oven control

Whirlpool OEM Part #W10317343

Fits

In Stock

Quantity:

ADD TO CART

Return Policy

http://www.rcappliancepartsimages.com/dbImages/i/00006269/Oven-Control-Board-W10317343-02014969.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that and when I turned the oven back on there was no error code and it started preheating. Does that mean it is not a problem? I don't use my oven more than once per week, if that, and sure don't want it to give me an error code on Christmas morning! Should I just try the oven a few more times over the next week and see if it repeats?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

yes exactly , try it a few times to test ometimes it can pick up electrical interference and do some strange things and bring up error codes , resetting is the first thing to do before changing expensive parts