Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

HOT POINT DISHWASHER -The dw runs it entire cycle. In at

Customer Question

HOT POINT DISHWASHER -The dw runs it entire cycle. In at least two times during the cycle the soap suds escape and drip out. If I active the dump manually and the water drains-no more drip. It does not drip at any other time. At the end of the cycle the entire bottom of the dw is filled with suds. It seems that there is not enough water flowing in. The water solenoid works at least two times in the cycle. My thought is that the contacts on the timer are "burnt" and prevent current flow during several inflow and outflow timing sequences. I was thinking that a new timer would fix the situation. Or is there another problem? Model HDA469M-03AD
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If water level was low, the suds would not be present. I suspect you are using too much detergent. Start a load with no dishes, adding no soap. Do you still get suds? Do you have a water softener?