Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I HAVE A MICROWAVE TM901793 OR JVM190BK SINCE 2007. IT HAS

Customer Question

i HAVE A MICROWAVE TM901793 OR JVM190BK SINCE 2007. IT HAS WORKED FINE...BUT JUST TODAY .... WHEN YOU OPEN THE DOOR THE FAN STARTS. IT WORKS FINE FOR COOKING BACON.....BUT WHEN I OPENED TO DOOR TO RETRIEVE (AFTER THE COOKING HAD FINISHED) THE FAN INSIDE THE UNIT COMES ON. IS THIS A SIMPLE FIX, OR DO i NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING...OR CAN I FIX IT. HENRYMEYER
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You have a faulty door switch. The repair itself is not too difficult but microwave service can be dangerous. There is a large capacitor that holds a hefty charge, even when the microwave is unplugged! Knowing this, do you feel comfortable proceeding with this repair?