MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I'm replacing a 3 speed fan switch in a GE range hood, but

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My name is***** replacing a 3 speed fan switch in a GE range hood, but someone had disconnected it and I need an actual schematic to rewire it correctly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The fan switch broke, previous owner disconnected it, and I'm trying to put in the new switch. It's a JV347 GE hood, and GE doesn't have a fan wiring schematic on their site.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, thanks.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The switch is very simple. Connect your hot wire to L and then the black, red and blue wires from the motor go to 1, 2, 3 in that order.