Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

Model PSC23SGRBSS, Serial #RG431152...making a vibrating

Customer Question

Model PSC23SGRBSS, Serial #RG431152...making a vibrating (rattling) noise at top of refrigeratorn or possibly behind ice maker in freezer. I cleared a jam in the ice maker but noise continues. I cleaned lint from front grill and underneath unit. Anything else I can do?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

Inside the freezer, up high just below the icemaker and behind the plastic part with the slits , sits the evaporator fan motor, ( see it at www.repairclinic.com part number WR60X10185 ) This is most likely where the noise is originating.. Not the simplest to get to - remove the ice maker and the auger motor assembly and go from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tom, I've got an appointment I cannot cancel today. I have to leave the house for a few hours, but can get into problem later today. Would it be safe to leave refrigerator plugged up or should I unplug until I get home.

If you have food in it and it is otherwise working OK - yeah leave it plugged in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tom...I'll just leave plugged up and tackle the problem when I get home.

OK

Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 12 months ago.

Jim , did you ever get to looking at the fridge ?