Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My maytag centennial washer will not wash the sensing light

Customer Question

my maytag centennial washer will not wash the sensing light comes on and the lid locked light but will not washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Hold down the START button for 3 seconds to cancel it and empty the washer. Then calibrate the machine and try it.

Rotate the knob two full revolutions counterclockwise stopping at 12 oclock

Then SLOWLY (1/2 sec between clicks) rotate the dial:

3 CLICKS FORWARD

1 CLICK BACK

1 CLICK BACK

All lights should light up if done correctly, then rotate the dial forward until only RINSE is lit and press start, see if it completes a calibrations and try it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks