Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a 2006 maytag neptune gas dryer that is showing a pf

Customer Question

I have a 2006 maytag neptune gas dryer that is showing a pf code most of the time. I can unplug it and let it set a day or two and plug back in and it will run for a load or two then code again. I replaced the thermistor because I couldn't find the electronic control board for a decent price. the thermistor didn't make any difference. my husband has tested the board and a relay is clicking. is there a well known issue with these units such as the neptune washers?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That is a Power Failure code, if you are not actually losing power to the unit you likely have a bad board as the capacitors on that board often fail. Check the capacitors on the board for any that could be bulging and if you want to save money replace the bad ones otherwise you need that board as nothing else causes that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks