Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Samsung RF4287HAWP How to I restart or turn on the ice

Customer Question

Samsung RF4287HAWP How to I restart or turn on the ice maker?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The icemaker is turned on and off from only the control panel. You will see the "ice off" symbol lit if the icemaker is OFF. So, if it's NOT showing up then something has failed with the ice making system and there is no reset for that. You would need to do some testing to determine what has failed. Post back accordingly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question is how to turn if on. I understand already what you just said.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

You just touch the control panel where the ice off button is to make it go on or off. This is no different from how you do anything else on that panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is sequence of buttons on the panel to push to turn the icemaker on. What is that sequesnce.?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

I have told you and there is no sequence- you push once and that's it. There is nothing complicated here, so don't make this issue more than what it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your wrong this has happened before, check the manual please
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

I am a samsung tech- I think I know how the unit operates. You are wrong in your insistence on this non-existent button push sequence.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Press and hold Energy Saver and Power Cool buttons for 8 seconds until the display turns off. Then, unplug the refrigerator for about 5 minutes and it should reset everything.