Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Samsung RF323TEDBSR refrigerator. The refrigerator

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RF323TEDBSR refrigerator. The refrigerator side works well but the freezer has stopped. I've changed out the main board and inverter board still remains the same.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

That model has two evaporators one for the ref, and one for the freezer and it has one compressor, so it uses a reversing valve to change the flow of freon from one evap to the other to control the temps in each compartment the computer tells the valve when to reverse, if you have changed the board and all the fans are running then the odds are that the valve is sticking and not reversing when its supposed to, and that is a major repair, the sealed system has to be opened up and the valve has to be replaced.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a service manual from Samsung and it does not mention this valve. The diagram does show it either. Could there be another problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to test the output to the valve to see if the board is sending the signal?

Is the freezer cooling at all or just not cold and is the fan inside the freezer running?

it's possible you do not have the model I am referring to and I can't seem to locate a tech sheet for that unit so I will pass this on so that another tech can help with this issue, thanks.