Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a sub zero model 632. the freezer is warm in the top

Customer Question

I have a sub zero model 632. the freezer is warm in the top approximately 47 to 50° and cold on the bottom reach is freezing. I checked the compressor fan in the top of the refrigerator and it is running fine. Any idea as to what the problem is?
Thank you – Jim
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Email is incorrect - please use:***@******.***
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

If the freezer fan is running fine you need check the evaporator, this sounds like you may have a leak or a defrost issue if the evaporator is frosted up. You need to remove the upper cover to get at it to check it out and see. Often this is a defrost issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks