Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a new GE refrigerator that was installed in April. I

Customer Question

I have a new GE refrigerator that was installed in April. I noticed recently frozen eggs, celery and lettuce. I turned the temp. up to 41 thinking that would help. Last night when
I opened the refrigerator the lights didn't come on. Have scheduled an appt. for next week
Can you help before that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now

The damper is likely not working on the unit you can check to see if the damper is working or stuck or frozen in the open position. You could get at the damper to check that, but that would be really about it as everything else would require a part for the unit to repair which you would probably want to get under warranty.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this also explain why I have no lights when I open the doors?

Yes that would explain it, the switch may not be working for the door then that could cause both issues.