Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

Refrigerator Samsug Turned power of fans on Got error on

Customer Question

Refrigerator Samsug
Turned power of fans on
Got error on display
Number 8 E
Turned power off for 10 minutes and back on error did not clear
Can I return display to normal mode
Model RFG298HDRS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Okay, let's see if we can get this in diagnostics, follow the instructions on the diagram I sent.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, something went wrong and posted an answer to your question instead of the correct customer, I will opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question is about a French door Samsung refrigerator
display does not function - Model RFG298HDRS
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. To reset the display you will need to press and hold the top buttons which are Energy Saver and Lighting buttons for 8 seconds. The display will flash and reset. This resets the display but does not solve the error. Check the ice maker thermistor for the 8E error. A lot of times the thermistor is hanging down or broken.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.