Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a Kenmore Dishwasher Elite model 665.12783K311 and

Customer Question

we have a Kenmore Dishwasher Elite model 665.12783K311 and when we press normal, high heat and smart dry and close the door, the Washing...add a dish light comes on for about 1 minute and then it turns off. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Does the Start button work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of the buttons work and it appears as though it is going to start, but it does not. It turns off after about a minute.

Does the Start button do anything when pressed, the Start button is not working or the door latch is not engaging and the switch in there is not working, it is one of the two issues that is causing this. I would check the door latch then replace the touchpad if the door latch is good.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it starts and latches.

Does it fill and when you say shuts off what happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once we push the start button, the front panel says "Washing....Add a dish for about 60 seconds and then the display just goes off, no water goes in.

OK if you have the door open does it do the same thing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the front display does not come on until we have closed the door

OK check and see if the corner float in the tub moves up and down freely and make sure it is down. Also have you tried to turn the power off to the unit for a minute to reset the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to both...the float moves and we turned the power off. After the front display goes off the Cancel light stays on.

Do all the buttons on the touchpad work and light up if so I would say you have a bad control board.