Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool gold quiet partner IV dishwasher, when it

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gold quiet partner IV dishwasher, when it starts it works just fine. But most times when you try to start it, the led by the normal button flashes and it doesnt start. If you press cancel, that led flashes too. The only way we have been able to start it is turning the breaker off and on killing power to the dishwasher and trying to start it. This seems to always work, it just varies how many times we need to do this. We moved into a house with the dishwasher about 3 weeks ago, so we dont know the exact age of the dishwasher.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately this is just a faulty touch control panel where it think the normal button is stuck. It sounds like it's not permanent and eventually it unsticks if you keep messing around with the touchpad, but the entire touchpad would need to be replaced to resolve the issue permanently. The part number is ***** W10175241 since the part has been re-designed and it costs about $130 if you wanted to replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can i purchase the touch pad?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You can buy the part at Searspartsdirect.com if you'd like.