Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My new Ge refrigerator model GTE16gthhww was delivered

Customer Question

My new Ge refrigerator model GTE16gthhww was delivered today. The outside of the fridge is extrenely cold on all sides and on top. Is this normal. The outside temp probably matches the inside temp. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The cold outside could be due to the delivery truck being so cold, but no the outside temperature should eventually end up being about room temperature or so. Just give it 24 hours or so and see if it warms up on the outside and if not then call warranty because the unit may not have been insulated properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.