Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have damage above the light on a Frigidaire Refrigerator

Customer Question

I have damage above the light on a Frigidaire Refrigerator Model LGUB2642LF3. It has burnt, discolored and cracked the inner wall of the unit. They installed a "fix" which was essentially reflective tape covering up the area, now the damage is continuing. Have you heard of this issue and is there a better recommended fix / replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is getting hot enough to damage the plastic liner, the light is either too high wattage or is staying on too long. Do you have the OEM bulbs in there or did you replace them with a generic one from a hardware store? Do you know the wattage? As for the liner damage, that won't hurt anything and won't allow air to leak, it is just not aesthetically appealing.