Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have an built-in Whirlpool Oven/microwave Model GMC275PR

Customer Question

I have an built-in Whirlpool Oven/microwave Model GMC275PR that developed a very loud humming noise but it turned and heated fine. A technician replaced the Magnetron, still humming, then the condenser, still humming, then the Transformer and now humming gone and heats and turns fine. But now two hours later when turning on a very noticeable clunk is heard????????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Most times the clunk sound comes from the transformer each time it is powered up to heat. Here is how to confirm this. Start the oven with a cup of water inside and set it to 50% power. If you hear the noise each time the over cut back in to heat it is the transformer. I would not hurt anything if it is not too annoying.

Hello, do you still need help with your oven?