Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag A612 washer that is causing the largerbelt

Customer Question

I have a maytag A612 washer that is causing the larger(###) ###-####belt to slip and burn - cause?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you already replaced the belts then either the transmission is locking up sometimes and you need to replace the transmission, or the motor glides/spring is worn out. Remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the front panel and remove the front panel. There is a wire spring on the back of the motor that pushes the motor forward so unplug the washer and disconnect the spring to make sure the motor will slide forward and back easily still. If not then the glide assembly may need to be greased or replaced. If the spring is weak just pull it apart a bit and bend it out then re-install it in order to add a bit more force.