Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Jenn Air W256W Oven. Every other function on the

Customer Question

I have a Jenn Air W256W Oven. Every other function on the keyboard works but the oven(s) "Off/Cancel" switch. Any ideas?
Sure
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this answers my question(solves the issue) is there a one-time fee?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If some buttons work and others don't, you just have a touchpad that is failing. Now the problem is that the touchpad is part number Y712598 and it hasn't been made for almost 10 years now. You can't refurbish the old touchpanel so you're only hope of fixing the oven would be to keep searching some place like Ebay until one showed up. Sometimes these obsolete parts will show up every couple of weeks. Other than that all you can do is replace the entire oven.

I'm very sorry about the bad news today. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.