Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Bob we have a Samsung fridge model RF197ACWP. There is water

Customer Question

Bob we have a Samsung fridge model RF197ACWP.
There is water getting on the floor of the fridge section. We thought it was coming from a line or something for the ice maker. The line is turned off. Is there a chance it could be from the defroster not draining or something like that. Thanks Ron
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

It is most likely the defrost drain is stopped up so water is overflowing out of the drain into the refrigerator, here is great video that will show you step by step how to repair this problem, it's fairly easy, just time consuming. Hope this helps you out.

VIDEO

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.