Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore Range model does not heat to maximum. All

Customer Question

My Kenmore Range model(###) ###-#### ***** not heat to maximum. All elements are heating up as is the oven, but nothing gets very hot. No element lights up completely. It takes 1/2 hour to heat up kettle to a simmer on the stove.
Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This means that your oven is not getting the full 220 volts that is needed to heat up the oven. Nothing else would cause the issue. You need to pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel so you can see the junction block where the power cord connects to the back of the oven. If you don't have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires, flip the breaker off on your house and back on and try again---if you still don't have 220 volts you may need to call an electrician. Other than that if you do have 220 volts, remove the entire back panel and look for a broken or melted wire coming from the terminal block because one of the wires is damaged.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.