Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Samsung refrigerator French door model # RF26DEUS2. Bought

Customer Question

Samsung refrigerator French door model # *****
Bought it in Mexico, worked fine, moved back to US, no longer produces ice. Dispenses water, so assuming it's getting water to the ice maker, but don't know for sure.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Have you tried to push the test button on the bottom or side of the icemaker to see if it rotates?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pushed button on right side of maker — no response.

OK unplug the unit for 1 minute, plug it back in and wait about 20 secs and press the button, if you still receive no response from the unit replace the icemaker.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugged it for 1 minute, plugged it in after 20 seconds, no response.Will contact Samsung, replace the ice maker. Thanks.

Yes no problem