Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Kenmore 795.72053.110 refrigerator that comes up

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 795.72053.110 refrigerator that comes up with a Er FF code every 6 months or so. Works fine after thawing out, is there a permanent fix? Fix must include part numbers and details.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The error code of Er FF is a freezer fan error.

And if it works fine after you manually defrost the unit .

I have to suspect that it is because the unit is NOT automatically defrosting any longer as it was designed.

This auto defrosting is controlled through the main control board in the rear and is most commonly replaced for this reason.

How are you defrosting the unit ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This time it wasn't a defrost issue, I took the inside freezer back panel off and discovered no ice buildup, took apart the freezer motor noticed a couple drops of water inside what looked like ceramic plate removed the water and lubed up with triflow. So far so good I'm wondering whether or not the water freezes in the motor causing it to not work and therefore ices up the coil since the fan wouldn't work.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Yes if the freezer evaporator fan is not running to circulate the air across the freezer Evaporator plate the evaporator plate will eventually freeze over ans restrict any and all sir flow acting just like a defrost issue.

Good job hopefully you used a food grade lubricant and not just a penetrating oil like WD-40