Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Re GE Coil top range Model JCAP 750. Two of the 4 coils 't

Customer Question

Hi Kelly. Re GE Coil top range Model JCAP 750.
Two of the 4 coils don't work. The non working coils show only 120v on one wire and zero v on the other wire.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

I they are showing only 120 then either the socket is bad or the switch is bad for both of those burners. Check the sockets visually inside for any burn marks otherwise replace the two burner switches for the bad ones.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks