Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We purchased a Kenmoretwo months ago. I came home to find

Customer Question

We purchased a Kenmore(###) ###-####two months ago. I came home to find water on the floor (the ice had melted) and the freezer full of thawing food and the fridge not cold. The lights come on and the compressor is running constantly (loudly) but no cooling or freezing action. Do I have another lemon?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It certainly sounds like you have a lemon if it's only 2 months old and you're running into this problem. If the unit warmed up this quickly and the compressor is still running, either the compressor has failed and needs to be replaced or your freon system formed a leak and leaked all the freon out. If it's under warranty still then call warranty, otherwise the repair is going to be rather expensive since a new compressor is about $650 and a freon leak is about $450 to have repaired.