Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I REPLACED CONTROL BOARD ON THE KITCHEN AID KUIA15NRHS5 AND

Customer Question

HI SIR,
I REPLACED CONTROL BOARD ON THE KITCHEN AID KUIA15NRHS5 AND STILL NOT MAKING ICE.
PLEASE ADVISE ,HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME SINCE i AM IN A REAL HURRY TO MAKE THIS UNDER THE COUNTER ICE MAKER WORK.
THANK YOU
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately you have a sealed system problem. This is not something you can fix yourself if the chill plate is not getting cold enough to freeze the water. You'll need a technician to come out and check the freon pressure because you either have a freon leak, the chill plate has popped internally so the freon doesn't flow properly (happens on these Kitchen Aid units), the hot gas valve is stuck partially open, or the compressor itself is just not working properly. Those would be the options but you really need to check the freon pressure and tap into the freon system to know exactly which issue you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do anything by myself and how . What tools or parts do I need. If you can help me with more detail I would greatly appreciate it since I am in a time pinch here.
If not possible please advise if any high quality service can help me. I live in Issaquah Wa 98027
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No, this is not an issue you can fix yourself whatsoever. It requires certification to work on the freon system and about $1500 in tools/torches. As for servicers in your area, I'm out of Colorado so I wouldn't know who is in your area, but you can call Whirlpool who owns Kitchen Aid and see who is authorized in your area. Their number is *****

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
to be honest Tyler I am quite dissapointed and I wouild like some real help.I did know that there is an expert and the service that can fix this.I just wanted it done asap.Giving me 1800 number just put me on hold and frusttrated the hell out of me and i got nowhere but my biggest problem is that the ice maker is still running warm and i did not get any detailed help what to do.
I didnt mind spending certain amount of money and time to get this resolved because I emphasized heavily how important it was.
Tyler please try again as this is your own ice maker that wife will be so happy to make it work.
Thank you in advance

I can not control what needs to be done to fix the issue and this is not something you can fix yourself as I stated before. You need a technician to come out---there is nothing you or I can do about that.