Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My whirlpool refrigerator,ed5fhexn001 will not ice out of

Customer Question

My whirlpool refrigerator,ed5fhexn001 will not spit ice out of the door. It makes plenty of ice, but you have to reach in to get it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

If you do not hear the auger motor running when you hit the button, it could be several things usually it's a bad auger motor, you can try taking the ice bucket out and turning the motor by hand to see if it unlocks sometimes they just get froze up and will release, hold the door switch closed and hit the button for the ice do you hear a noise? is the motor trying to turn? if not you may not be getting voltage to the motor, that could be several things and you will need to have a ohm/voltage meter to narrow down the problem. Let me know what you find and I will be glad to help you diagnose this problem if the motor is not getting power.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.