Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE oven/stove which is 23 years old. It is being

Customer Question

I have a GE oven/stove which is 23 years old. It is being replaced this afternoon. However, I want to run the self-clean feature before it is taken out. I can't find the original instructions - can you help me figure out how to do this. Just set it for
clean, move the self-lock over and let it go? How would I know when it is done with the clean cycle? Can the broiler pan and grill also go in the oven? What about the burner dishes? Any answer you could give me within an hour would be most appreciated. I tried
contacting you earlier this morning and have so far gotten no response. I have used your services before and appreciated your help very much. Linda XX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

DO you have a clock with the small dials on it one says START and the other STOP?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK you need to make sure both knobs are popped out synched with the clock time then PUSH the STOP time button in and set it to 3 hours ahead...then set the unit to self clean and latch the door the self clean should start....NOW it is important that the clock is working, if it is not then time it for three hours and then advance the stop knob until it pops out to shut the unit off after the 3 hours is complete if the clock does not actually work.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Were you able to get it?