Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Bravos Quiet series 300 Model MVWB450WQ1. An

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos Quiet series 300 Model MVWB450WQ1. An error code of f51 came up and has since gone away. Now the washer is loud but seems to be working. I'm wondering if its a bearing problem and worth being repaired.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F51 means that your motor is struggling and if the water is loud, that does mean that your bearing is going out. Now if you have a technician come out to replace the bearing for you, you'll be looking at about a $350 repair or so. If you're handy enough to replace the bearing yourself, then the parts will be about $150 or so. This water is actually made by Whirlpool since Whirlpool bought out Maytag and below is a video that shows you how to replace the bearing and shaft if you wanted to replace it yourself. You need the exact same parts as what are listed at the beginning of the video---don't be confused by the fact that the parts are made by Whirlpool.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.