Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

In the new "Consumer Guide" they recommend a Bosch Model SHX

Customer Question

In the new "Consumer Guide" they recommend a Bosch Model SHX 3AR7(5) UC Dishwasher.
At the local Lowe's and "Best Buy" stores they "Do Not" have this particular Model. They do have a Bosch Model SHX5AV52UC> I would like to know how this model differs from the one recommended in "Consumer Guide".
I would like to know are the internals that actually clean the dishes are the same in both units.
Do both units have the same number of cleaning arms,efficient, Decibels (noise), the wash time cycle the same ? I am not interested in the number of wash cycles each has. I will only need a minlmum of different wash cycles.
Will this unit clean the dishes as good as the unit recommend in "Consumer Guide" are not?
I do want the Stainless Steel Tube. The Door construction is not important.
Please, respond soon as I would like to purchase this unit in the next day are two.
Thanks for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

As far as the pumps, motors, valves, and tub are concerned, these dishwashers are almost exactly the same. SHX5AV52UC is an Ascenta model and the primary difference between these less expensive Ascenta models is that they do not have a flood pan with a float device below the dishwasher to prevent your kitchen from getting flooded or floors being damaged if your dishwasher gets a leak. I would really keep looking for the SHX 3AR7(5) UC model, or any other Bosch model that isn't of the Ascenta line.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?