Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch HGS7052UC/04 Broiler will not heat up over 500 degrees

Customer Question

Bosch HGS7052UC/04 Broiler will not heat up over 500 degrees and clean mode does not heat up enough. Have replaced both oven igniters.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this site keeps asking me to sign up for some monthly service? I am not interested in anything like this. Please just delete my card info. This was not what I was anticipating!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You are only signed up for this one question, not a monthly service. It was just asking if you wanted to sign up for a monthly service. Once you rate this question and leave, you will not encounter monthly charges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just cancel out this transaction please. Please confirm you have done so. I am not satisfied. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?