Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I had guests visiting and one pushed an unknown combination

Customer Question

HI,
I had guests visiting and one pushed an unknown combination of buttons on the microwave. It went dark. I tried to start it, pushed buttons at random. After pushing the options button the display lit up, showed a number of strange characters and went to normal display. Unfortunately it later went dark again and I can't bring it back from dark again. I did unplug the main power cord to no avail.
RT913526B is the serial number, model JVM1850ss The date on it is August2010. Help, please!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately it sounds like possibly the display board just failed or shorted when so many buttons were pushed. There are no fuses or cut outs or commands that would cause the display to go blank so if you're certain it's getting power from your house, the display board will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

not a problem but I'm very sorry about the bad news today.