Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator. After a brief

Customer Question

We have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator. After a brief power outage about half an hour ago it is off with no lights to the control panel. There is power to the receptacle. I tried pushing the power switch on the control panel for several seconds with no response. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? The model would be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Getting it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FGUS2642LF0
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect, thank you. So first you'll want to run an extension cord to another outlet that you know is working so you can be certain the refrigerator is getting power from your house. If you do this and the refrigerator still won't work, your main control board below the refrigerator shorted from the power outage and the main control board would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. To access this board you need to remove the vent below the doors and you'll see a plastic box screwed into the floor of the refrigerator. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.