Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I accidentally added dawn dish detergent to the place I'm

Customer Question

I accidentally added dawn dish detergent to the place I'm supposed to add the jet-dry rinse aid. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The dispenser unfortunately does NOT come apart to flush out the rinse aid reservoir. All you can do is run about 50 cycles in a row to flush out all the soap inside, or remove the dispenser and remove the cap and try to flush out as much as you can under a faucet (don't get the back of the dispenser wet where the electronics are) and then run 20-30 cycles until the remaining amount is gone, or the last option is to just replace the dispenser unfortunately.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.