Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

On whirlpool du1030xtxs1 which does not dry, What is the

Customer Question

On whirlpool du1030xtxs1 which does not dry,
What is the MOST failure?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Is the machine heating up at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

This would be most likely a thermister problem on the unit, it thinks it is hot and does not turn on the heating element, If the heating element or control was bad, then the unit would only work 3 times, then after that the clean light would start flashing 7 times telling us that the element is bad, You can click on the blue link below to order a replacement thermister. takes about 20 minutes to install, it is located on the wash sump near the motor.

Click here for the correct part